David clearly explains concepts in a way that is accessible and easy for all delegates to take away and apply to their own organisations
Miranda Rowlands, Project Manager, SHARED Enterprise
What does the course cover?
Fundraising can seem a daunting task, especially if you don’t consider yourself to be a fundraiser. Perhaps you have been asked to help with fundraising as part of your wider role. You might be a board member looking to get more involved in fundraising for your organisation. Maybe you are an artist looking to raise funds for your work. Whatever your role, this Introduction to Fundraising aims to get you feeling confident and excited about building relationships with supporters.
This one-day session will answer questions you and your organisation might have about fundraising, including:
- What motivates people to donate?
- What are the characteristics of the main funding streams?
- How do we find out best funding prospects?
- How do we secure funding for our work?
- Who needs to be involved?
At the end of the session you will have greater confidence and understanding in:
- Identifying and Communicating your Case for Support
- Identifying the funding streams with most potential for your organisation
- Planning and delivering the steps you need to take to secure support
How do I book?
‘An Introduction to Fundraising’ can be booked by organisations looking to provide in-house training for their staff. Alternatively, you might want to partner with local organisations who are looking for similar skills development opportunities.
This training session works best with groups of 12-24 people.
Our ‘Introduction to Fundraising’ training is normally run as a full-day course. However, we are flexible and can adapt our programme to meet your needs.
If you would like to discuss booking an ‘Introduction to Fundraising’ training session, please contact us using the form below.