What will the training cover?
Support from Gifts in Wills is already a key source of income for charities, and is set to dramatically increase over the coming years. Yet arts and culture organisations have been slow to implement legacy programmes. In order to maximise this huge opportunity you need to ensure you have the skills to develop an appropriate programme and promote it to your best prospects.
This one-day session looks at why organisations should be considering legacy fundraising, the information you need to plan a legacy programme and tips for promoting this to maximise support. Using both theory and practical exercises, this course answers the following questions:
- Why should we bother with a legacy programme?
- What are the different types of legacy?
- Why do people leave gifts in their Will?
- How do we overcome internal nervousness about talking about legacies?
- How do we promote legacies as a way of supporting our work?
At the end of this workshop, you will have greater confidence and understanding in:
- Deciding whether a legacy programme is right for you
- Talking about the different types of legacies
- Identifying what motivates people to leave a Gift in their Will
- Promoting legacy giving as an important and life-affirming way of supporting your organisation’s work
How do I book?
‘Loving Legacy Fundraising’ can be booked by organisations looking to provide in-house training for their staff. Alternatively, you might want to partner with local organisations who are looking for similar skills development opportunities.
This training session works best with groups of 12-24 people.
Our ‘Loving Legacy Fundraising’ training is normally run as a full-day course. However, we are flexible and can adapt our programme to meet your needs.
If you would like to discuss booking a ‘Loving Legacy Fundraising’ training session, please contact us using the form below.