About Apollo Fundraising
Apollo Fundraising provides consultancy, training and support to help arts and culture organisations to achieve their fundraising goals. Whether you are looking to raise money for a specific campaign or project, grow your core funding or start fundraising from scratch, we can help!
Our areas of expertise include developing fundraising strategies for revenue, project and capital costs (including Heritage Lottery Fund campaigns), building individual giving programmes and providing fundraisers (and non-fundraisers) with the skills they need to succeed.
Our experience includes raising private income for a wide range of arts and culture organisations, including opera houses, historic buildings, theatres, orchestras, music festivals, museums and art galleries.
About David Burgess - Director
David is an experienced fundraiser specialising in securing support for the arts and culture sector. Prior to setting up Apollo Fundraising, he helped to raise philanthropic support for a range of arts organisations, including Manchester Camerata, Royal Exchange Theatre, Glyndebourne and English Touring Opera. During this time David secured 5-and 6- figure gifts from Trusts for revenue appeals and capital projects. He also increased Individual and Legacy giving while at English Touring Opera.
David moved into consultancy in February 2015, initially as a fundraising consultant and trainer with the Management Centre (=mc), before founding Apollo Fundraising in Spring 2016.
David’s areas of expertise include writing fundraising strategies, developing individual giving programmes, securing funding from trusts, foundations and statutory sources and providing training for fundraisers at all stages of their career.
In 2014 David was awarded the Highly Commended prize at the Legacy10 Award’s for Excellence. In 2016 he was named as one of the UK’s “Top 25 Fundraisers under 35” by Civil Society’s Fundraising Magazine.
David is a regular speaker at conferences, both in the UK and internationally. He is a member of the Institute of Fundraising Cultural Sector Network’s Professional Development sub-committee and a Charity Connect Champion.
David’s current projects include:
- Providing Individual Giving training for arts organisations across the UK as part of the Arts Fundraising and Philanthropy programme
- Writing the fundraising strategy for a major campaign at one of the country’s most famous cathedrals
- Carrying out a fundraising audit and review at one of the UK’s most exciting and picturesque visual arts organisations
- Writing the first fundraising strategy for a library service, covering 14 libraries
- Developing the fundraising strategy for an exciting new organisation, bringing together the expertise of a University, a Council, the business community and a city’s major arts organisations